Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Miles turns TWO!!!

Sniff. Sniff. My baby boy is two. And according to my husband...he isn't a "baby" anymore. Sniff. But of course, he will always be my baby no matter how old he gets.

I love my little man more than anything else in this world. Each and everyday I am reminded how truly blessed I am. I have a perfectly healthy little boy who loves to laugh and give kisses. He is so full of life and love, it makes my heart overflow with joy. These last few months have been tough going back to work, but in all honesty, it hasn't change anything about our relationship. We are still closer than ever and still enjoy every minute with each other. He is learning and growing so fast. Time is flying by and as much as it makes my heart ache, I know that is the process of life. We are here to raise our young and give them the best possible chance in life. So on that note, I love you Miles and will always do my absolute best to encourage you in everything you want to do and I will always be here for you.

Ohhh, Miles LOVED Disney. It was fantastic!! Of course, he won't remember any of it, but we will and that in itself made it 100% worth it. His reaction to seeing the characters will forever be in my memories. We went to The Magic Kingdom and The Animal Kingdom and we by far enjoyed The Animal Kingdom the most. It was a ton of fun and we can't wait to go back!!

So here is what Miles is up to these days. (Photos Below as well)

Words: If we say it, he says it. His doctor seems to think his vocabulary is in the thousands. Who really knows. I don't keep track, I just know that we have to watch every single word that comes out of our mouths.

Sentences: He says mainly 2 and 3 word sentences. Exp: Mommy sit down. Where's croggy at? Mommy kiss it? (when he has a boo boo) Going school? Shoes off. Pants on.

Numbers: He counts to 15 by himself...and up to 10 in spanish.

Shapes: He knows all his shapes. His favorite is between trapezoid or pentagon (seriously, can't it just be circle?hahah)

Letters: He knows his entire ABC. He doesn't sing the song, but he recognizes every letter and says it wherever we are. When driving he spells every word he sees. Sometimes the letter are in order, other times they are not.

His stats at the doctor were as follows: Weight-30lbs. Height-35 1/4in. Both of which are the 75%. He passed his vision test again, as well as his finger prick test.

We don't go back for a check up till his 3rd birthday. Isn't that crazy? Just seems like forever, but as we all know, it isn't that far off.












1 comment: