Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 19, 2011

Time is flying by!

I know there aren't a lot of people who read this, but the few that do have been on me lately to post something new. So here goes nothing. : )

Miles is growing up way too fast. End of story. Where did the time go? In a month and a half he will be TWO. Crazy!! These past few months have been really fun with him but also pretty stressful. He has officially been in school (daycare...school helps me cope with it better) for 2 months now. I can't believe it has been that long! He is really enjoying it, which warms my heart. I think my biggest fear was that that he was going to hate me for putting him somewhere, but I think it is quite the opposite. He seems to enjoy me more....sounds funny, I know.

I talk to him A LOT about what we will be doing each day and have started waking him up every morning (WHAT!?!? Yes, you read that right!) before I leave for work. The reason I am doing this is because it makes him happy. We stared going through a phase where he was waking up quite a bit at night and I honestly believe it was because he was afraid he wasn't going to get to see me in the morning. So now, every night before he goes to bed I "talk" with him about what will go on the next day. Ever since I started it, he has been sleeping like a champ and I believe he looks forward to it our chats each night. (I like to think so anyways.)

He has been sick quite a bit. This has been hard! Poor fella has had 2 ear infections, croup, an upper respiratory infection and possible hand/foot/mouth....all in 2 months. I hate it!! I know that it is either sick now or sick later, but I would still prefer sick later. At least then they can take cough meds, blow their nose and tell you what hurts. Oh well.

I keep telling myself that I am working because that is what needs to be done and my family is benefitting from it. I know this is true, but it still makes days away from him hard. I know that it is temporary and that one day (hopefully sooner rather than later!) I will get to be at home again with him and hopefully another one (NO PLANS).

This age has been SO much fun. Sure, he is a handful, but he is such a big ball of energetic fun and I love it. He loves to "hide" from me and have me "find" him. This usually involves some type of object covering his face and him thinking I can't see him. He loves to run all over the house naked and LOVES to watch himself pee...on the carpet. He is still a big goof ball and hope that that never changes!

Miles is parroting everything we say these day. His vocabulary has gone from 0-60 in a matter of weeks and it is pretty darn impressive. He says things like:

*Mountains
*Sunshine
*Shadows
*Outside
*Plate
*Santa
*Train
*Candy

Those are just a few of his newest words. He also knows his colors now and has started referring to things saying what color they are as well. For example, it isn't just an object now, it is a black car or red car or green grass or blue sky. He also knows all the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters and their names and proceeds to say all of them when they come on t.v.

This leads me to my next thing. For Miles' second birthday we are taking him to Disney! Instead of throwing a party, we have decided to put all that money into a trip. Now, you might think "he is way too young for that," and while I don't disagree, here is my reasoning for still going. For starters, he loves Mickey THIS year and may not next, so why not let him go when he is obsessed? Secondly, I am sure we will go another half dozen times over the next 5-10 years. And lastly, well, we want to. : )

That's about it. I'm sure I am leaving out something, but that will have to do for now. Here are a few recent pics!

He LOVES cars!!

Being a handsome boy!

Thanks to my friend Kelly for this great photo!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute. LJ still doesn't really like to talk but he's fluent in Landonese. I love the pictures you guys took.
    Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete