Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A quick update

Last week I started back to work. Yep. I finally went back after being a SAHM for 21 months. It's crazy to think that it has been that long already. While it has been very hard to leave Miles, it has also been pretty eye opening on a few different levels.

First of all, I never truly believed people when they said that going back to work makes your time with your kids that much more special. How could that be? I already love my child SO much (words don't do it justice) there is NO way I could love the time I spent with him that much more. Well, I do. Every single minute I have with him, I cherish it. It's pretty unbelievable. I think he feels the same way because as soon as I get home with him, he say "mickey...momma." Hahaha...He wants to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with me. So, we sit down and we snuggle for 30 minutes and watch TV. It is SO much fun. There is no more time for cooking (not that I ever really did) but Miles will not let me now if I wanted to. The whole 3 hours that we have together at the end of the day is spent, snuggling, laughing, hugging and playing. It is very rewarding.

Now, on the other hand, it is SO hard. I don't have the time to do the things that I used to. We had to go to the grocery store as a family tonight at 8:00pm because we had nothing to eat and I have had NO time to go. Yes, I could go after work, but Miles is STARVING then and that just will not work. It's just things like grocery shopping, laundry, dishes, etc that I am finding really hard to juggle. I know that eventually I will get the hang of it, but for the time being, it is kind of overwhelming.

Overall, things are going well. I am enjoying work and Miles is enjoying daycare. He has learned SOOO much in the month that he has been there. It makes me feel that much better about my decision to return to work.

So enough about me, here is what Miles is up to these days.

His vocabulary has taken off. Here are a few new words he says:

*Airplane*Blackberries*Teacup*Apple*ChooChoo*Puzzle*Mickey*TV*I see*Papa*Grandma*Blue*Green*Yellow*Red*Purple*Black*Poopoo*Peeps(his penis)*Tang (yes, the drink...he is obsessed)*Moon*Twinkle(when he sees a star)*Baby*Ashley (his teacher)*Ty*Kerri (He hears us say each others names....)

*He has started telling us when he goes "poopoo."

*He knows about 90% of his alphabet sounds and can point to about 90% of the letters when you ask him where the letter is. He doesn't know how to say the actual letter, though.

*He is still a super picky eater and still loves trains, trucks, and cars.

*His newest obsession is "Mickey".








No comments:

Post a Comment